[chef-dev] Re: Re: Chef Server 11 doesn't support SLES

  • From: Hui Hu < >
  • To: Nanuk Krinner < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: Chef Server 11 doesn't support SLES
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:56:22 +0800

Thanks a lot Bryan and Nanuk for your detail feedback.

Looking forward to the good news on Chef Server 11 for SUSE.

Thanks
Jesse Hu,  Project Serengeti

2013/9/17 Nanuk Krinner < " target="_blank"> >
Hi,

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:18:40 +0800
Hui Hu < "> > wrote:
[...]
> I found there is a ongoing project to bring Chef Server 11 to openSUSE :
> http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Chef :
> systemsmanagement:chef:master<https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=systemsmanagement%3Achef%3Amaster>is
> the development project for the latest Chef version available for
> openSUSE We work heavily on bringing Chef 11 to openSUSE Factory, so
> development of the erlang-based core Chef packages takes place in
> devel:languages:erlang<https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=devel%3Alanguages%3Aerlang>
>
> Not sure whether this can be a workaround to deploy Chef Server 11 on SUSE.

This is a community project to bring Chef packages to the SUSE distributions.
Actually we gathered this week to continue hacking, and hope to have the work
finished soon.

Regards,
Nanuk