[chef-dev] Re: Re: Re: chef- jenkins integration

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: Bryan Taylor < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: Re: chef- jenkins integration
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:15:44 -0700

test kitchen is doing the same. you can trigger tk runs via jenkins. we trigger foodcritic-> chefspec -> lxc based functional test via jenkins. each stage depends on the success of earlier stage. jenkins itself is controlled via chef. we use the community jenkins cookbook, and job lwrp to configure our builds (we have chef code base, and several other services running tests via jenkins, all configured by chef). the jenkins cookbook also allows you to specify plugins. we use the ghprb plugin to automatically build PRs.
The only scripts we had to build was our jenkins wrapper cookbook, which creates all the jenkins job, adds plugins using the community cookbook's lwrp & attributes. We had to build a custom jenkins plugin for the auth (we wanted to used the chef managed users to be available as jenkins user, without giving jenkins access to /etc/shadow),

best
ranjib