[chef-dev] Knife exec changes from chef 10 to 11?

  • From: Mike < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Knife exec changes from chef 10 to 11?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 15:50:31 -0500

I've been using a command similar to this for a while in chef 10, but now in chef 11 it no longer works:

knife exec -E'nodes.find(:name => "testnode.here.com") {|n| puts n.sudo.additional_sudoers(["blah","blah","blah",]);n.save'}

Is there a new way to set attributes from knife exec?  I had a script that I would use to create this command and its not working for me anymore.  Any suggestions?

Error message:

ERROR: knife encountered an unexpected error
This may be a bug in the 'exec' knife command or plugin
Please collect the output of this command with the `-VV` option before filing a bug report.
Exception: NoMethodError: Undefined node attribute or method `additional_sudoers' on `node'
:~/chefsy01exdu$

I am sure the attribute exists:
knife node show testnode.here.com -a sudo
  sudo:
    additional_sudoers:
    sudoers:

Thanks in advance