[chef-dev] Omnibus v4.0.0.rc.1

  • From: Seth Chisamore < >
  • To: , ,
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Omnibus v4.0.0.rc.1
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:07:37 -0400

Ohai!

I'm very excited to announce the first release candidate of Omnibus 4! Thanks to some awesome testing during the beta period, we were able to fix a number of bugs and add a some missing features. The full Changelog is available on GitHub:

As was reported previously [1], Omnibus 4.0 does not contain the insecure file ownership bug that was uncovered and fixed in the older 3.x and 2.x series of Omnibus.

Please remember:

- This is a pre-release, so it may contain bugs. Please report bugs using the GitHub issue tracker.
- This is a major version release. This means there are non-backwards-compatible API changes in the codebase!

Thanks y'all!

--
Seth Chisamore
Engineering Lead - Release Engineering

  • [chef-dev] Omnibus v4.0.0.rc.1, Seth Chisamore, 09/23/2014