[chef-dev] Re: Chef Development Releases (12.0.0.rc.2 & 12.2.0.alpha.0)

  • From: Serdar Sutay < >
  • To: Serdar Sutay < >
  • Cc: Chef Dev < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Chef Development Releases (12.0.0.rc.2 & 12.2.0.alpha.0)
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:36:50 -0800

This is the alpha documentation for the audit mode feature in case anyone wants to give it a shot:

-- Serdar

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Serdar Sutay < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Ohai friends,

Over the weekend we had 2 development releases of Chef Client. Wanted to drop a note to prevent any confusion.

Chef Client 12.0.0.rc.2:

This release is the final planned release candidate for Chef Client 12. If you have some minutes give this release a spin and let us know if you're seeing any issues. Unless there are any new blockers we are planning to release the 12.0.0 on 12/1.

Chef Client 12.2.0.alpha.0:

This release contains the experimental audit-mode feature we've been working on during the last month. You can read more about this feature in its RFC proposal https://github.com/opscode/chef-rfc/pull/69. We are preparing some detailed documentation for this feature in case you'd like to try it out.

We will discuss these releases in tomorrow's developer's IRC meeting (9am PST, Nov 24). If for some reason we don't get that far on the meeting agenda, someone from the Chef Client team will be around after the meeting to answer any questions.

Let us know if there are any questions / issues with these releases. Looking forward to tomorrow :)

-- Serdar