[chef-dev] Re: releases, github milestones, etc.

  • From: Thom May < >
  • To: Phil Dibowitz < >
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: releases, github milestones, etc.
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 09:06:56 +0100

Hey Phil,
that one didn't make it to 12.3.0 because we'd already cut the RC last week. I've not had a chance to look at it fully yet, but if it's urgent we'll either pick it up in 12.3.1 or 12.4 in a couple of weeks.
In general, we're using the issue milestones "Accepted Minor" for work that we think aren't breaking changes, "Accepted Major", for things that we think will be breaking changes or major work, and "Help Wanted", for issues that we'd like help from the community with. We've been publishing the list of Help Wanted issues to the chef-dev list as we assign things to that bucket.
Hope this helps,
-Thom