[chef-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: releases, github milestones, etc.

  • From: Lamont Granquist < >
  • To: Bryan McLellan < >
  • Cc: Phil Dibowitz < >, Thom May < >, Chef Dev < >, Bryan McLellan < >
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: releases, github milestones, etc.
  • Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 08:12:38 -0700

On 5/1/15 3:24 PM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

Yeah I don't like freezing master itself. It's been annoying having our release tags out on release branches, but I think that's actually okay if our release branches are short dead ends. Which is what I think we're talking about. But I'm not sure I want a bunch of branches lying around.
I'm not sure I see the problem with old x.y-stable branches. Its just old history, like old tags, old commits, etc. Useful if you need to check something old out, completely ignorable by everyone else.