[chef-dev] Chef Client 12.4.0 Release Candidate

  • From: Thom May < >
  • To: Chef Dev < >,
  • Subject: [chef-dev] Chef Client 12.4.0 Release Candidate
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 16:58:59 +0100

Ohai Chefs!

We’ve just released the first Release Candidate for Chef 12.4.0.  A more detailed blog post will be available with the final release, however for now, some of the highlights from the release notes [1] are below:

* Integrated Syslog/Windows Event Log logging
* Fixed exception handlers

For more information on these changes, see the release notes [1]. For a more complete list of changes, see the changelog [2]

We'd love to get your feedback on this RC. There are many ways to get it:
* Install the latest release candidate
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s -- -p

* Specify a specific release candidate
curl -L https://www.getchef.com/chef/install.sh | sudo bash -s — -p -v 12.4.0

* On Windows, pull down the MSI
   Set require_chef_omnibus in your .kitchen.yml to 12.4.0.rc.0

As always, if you run into any problems, please file them on Github [3].
Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/chef/chef/blob/12.4.0rc/RELEASE_NOTES.md
[2] https://github.com/chef/chef/blob/12.4.0rc/CHANGELOG.md
[3] https://github.com/chef/chef/issues/new