Re: Getting snapshot version of Chef?

  • From: Joshua Timberman <joshua@opscode.com>
  • To: chef@lists.opscode.com
  • Subject: Re: Getting snapshot version of Chef?
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 21:07:38 -0600

On Jun 7, 2009, at 1:40 PM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen wrote:

:-) What I meant was I don't want to build from source to install chef during instance launch. Thanks to your instructions and some quick google fu I've come the conclusion that it is straightforward to make your own gem repo...

We also provide a cookbook for setting up a gems server. README is in the cookbook, start here:

http://github.com/opscode/cookbooks/tree/36b0773095a165f221e80df01c1e79506b1b0606/gems

--
Opscode, Inc
Joshua Timberman, Senior System Engineer