Re: mkfs and mdadm support

  • From: Arjuna Christensen <aj@opscode.com>
  • To: chef@lists.opscode.com
  • Subject: Re: mkfs and mdadm support
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:05:09 +1200

On 9/06/2009, at 11:30 AM, Miguel Cabeça wrote:

Hi,

I've got an ec2 recipe that uses the mount provider and my own custom code to handle mkfs and mdadm.  I'm going to add support directly to chef for these.  I'm thinking they should each be a provider on their own.  Thoughts?

Are you talking about a 'filesystem' resource with several providers (xfs, ext3, etc) and a 'raid' resource with some providers (mdadm, others?)

I agree, this should be split up into an abstraction resource such as raid or filesystem. I imagine an lvm2 provider would be awesome for the filesystem resource.

--
AJ Christensen, Software Engineer
Opscode, Inc.