Re: Support for Hardy in cookbooks?

  • From: Joshua Timberman <joshua@opscode.com>
  • To: chef@lists.opscode.com
  • Subject: Re: Support for Hardy in cookbooks?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 01:06:25 -0700

On Jun 23, 2009, at 8:36 PM, Mike Bailey wrote:

Is there interest here for Hardy recipes? Are there reasons Hardy is
problematic for chef users?

As previously stated, the primary reason is that Intrepid/Jaunty had CouchDB available, so it was the path of least resistance. Most of the recipes will "just work" on Hardy, excepting the ones that check for codename intrepid or jaunty. The biggest issue I know off the top of my head is OpenLDAP because the configuration schema changes betwen hardy -> intrepid+.

If you find other issues with the opscode/cookbooks, please file tickets in Jira under the Chef Cookbooks project.

--
Opscode, Inc
Joshua Timberman, Senior Solutions Engineer