[chef] Re: OpenID choices

  • From: Arjuna Christensen <aj@opscode.com>
  • To: chef@lists.opscode.com
  • Subject: [chef] Re: OpenID choices
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 21:54:33 +1200

On 30/07/2009, at 9:43 PM, Joel Merrick wrote:

Hi all,

What are people's preferred choices for running their own OpenID server?

I've heard OpenID LDAP [1] is passable.

I have to admit that I've never used OpenID for systems authorisation
before, so I'm open to suggestions.

I'd suggest using a public OpenID provider (myopenid.com) and locking down your chef servers provider authorization and authentication [2].

On a side note, anyone know when the non-OpenID (ssl / ssh key
sharing?) auth layer will be available? I've got a feeling I'm not
going to be able to get $WORK around to the idea of using it in this
fashion, mainly because it's not something I or many of the other
engineers have used.

0.8.0 which is currently targeted for the 4th of August, although I'm not sure that is guaranteed.

Cheers in advance,
Joel

--
$ echo "kpfmAdpoofdufevq/dp/vl" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'

--
AJ Christensen, Software Engineer
Opscode, Inc.