[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how to debug errors

  • From: Ran Tavory < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how to debug errors
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:09:28 +0300

I'm deploying wars, yes.
Currently I;m only playing but eventually I'll want to deploy wars and for offline java processes some independent jars as well.
I was thinking of RPM-ing the wars and installing them with the pkg or some other command but I haven't decided yet, still learning.

The tomcat manager API is nice but is a no-go for me. The applications I'm deploying are too crappy to withstand a hot-deploy so I need to take tomcat down, copy wars and restart.