[chef] Re: Re: recreating validator client?

  • From: Marius Seritan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: recreating validator client?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:56:12 -0700

That's great!

How do I recreate the validator?
--
CTO - Yap TV, Inc

On Oct 4, 2010, at 9:52 AM, Seth Chisamore wrote:

Your current nodes should be ok as the validator key is only used to when a node checks in the first time.  During this initial checkin an identity (key pair) is generated for the node (private key is saved on the node).  From this point forward the node uses the client identity for authenticating all requests.

So long story short ,you will only need your newly generated validator keypair for registering new nodes.

-Seth

--
Opscode, Inc.
Seth Chisamore, Technical Evangelist