[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Announcing Little Chef

  • From: Trotter Cashion < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Announcing Little Chef
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:49:25 -0400

I like that idea and am happy to hack on it.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:07 AM, Miquel Torres < "> > wrote:
Ok, I had a look at databags. I could implement them in Little Chef,
and when calling chef-solo "merge" the data in the bags with recipe
attributes and pass it in a merged node.json file. But that is
complicating things a bit too much, and behaviour would not be
guaranteed to be identical to a Chef Server.

The best thing would be if it were implemented in Chef Solo itself.
You would call chef-solo in the same way as now, but cookbooks would
be able to use databags stored locally in "/tmp/chef-solo/databags/"

What do you think? Are there any prospects of that happening?