[chef] Re: managing /etc/aliases || a postfix question

  • From: Jesse Callaway < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: managing /etc/aliases || a postfix question
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:47:04 -0500

I used data bags for managing maps in the virtual tables for postfix. The overall approach in these situations seems to be to do a search() or use some other method to set up template variables. These can then be iterated over by the erb in the template itself.

Have the template notify an execute resource which runs `postfix reload`, since restart tends to be heavy-handed with postfix.

-jesse