[chef] Replica set setup with chef

  • From: Micah Wedemeyer < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Replica set setup with chef
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:49:43 -0500

Is anyone doing Mongo sharding or replica sets with chef? As far as I can tell, you need to run some commands interactively (ie. rs.initialize)  in the mongo shell to initialize a replica set. I think I could probably do this with chef by piping the commands directly to the shell, but is there an easier way? Some kind of config file settings I could use? Otherwise, I need to wait for the server to come up, send it the command, and then hope that everything works.

Thanks,
Micah