[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problems with Search?

  • From: Paul Paradise < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problems with Search?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:01:27 -0800

I've had similar problems in the past where the nagios would fail to restart because a client saved its node[:ipaddress] as nil, and the next chef-client run on my nagios server broke it. Anecdotally, it only happens when I reboot a node. I suspect there's a race condition at startup where chef-client starts running (and collects the ohai attributes) before the node gets a DHCP lease, and ends up writing a nil node[:ipaddress] when the run completes.

Perhaps you have the same problem, but with the node[:ipaddress] disappearing from your nagios node rather than the monitored nodes?

-Paul

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Ash Berlin < "> > wrote:
This could be it yes - basically i'm searching on nrpe client machines for the host running nagois to allow nrpe connections from just this host, and all my clients are still on 0.9.8.

-ash