[chef] Re: Newbie question about installing custom software

  • From: Charles Duffy < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Newbie question about installing custom software
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:57:03 -0600

I have a "cookbook_rpms" recipe I use for the purpose. Note that, as it uses yum localinstall, it requires that your packages need to be signed (but this is trivial -- you can just do find . -name '*.rpm' -exec rpm --addsign {} + to sign everything in your repo, once you've set up a key pair).

See https://github.com/Tippr/tippr-public-cookbooks/tree/master/cookbook_rpms