[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 0.10.RC Windows:site-cookbooks doesn't work

  • From: Tom Thomas < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 0.10.RC Windows:site-cookbooks doesn't work
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:01:12 -0700

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Edward Sargisson < "> > wrote:
Hi Tom,
Yes I was targetting a specific Availability Zone. In order to bring my production site back up I had to use Chef 0.9 and specify a region to bring it up.

I've just tried the same command with 0.10.0.RC.0 and it still fails in exactly the same way.

if the chef version change had an impact, then it wasn't due to AWS issues.  I'll leave analysis on why Chef 0.9 v. 0.10.0.RC had an impact on the issues' occurrence to someone more qualified than me.

For clarity, I'm running Knife on a Windows client to startup an Ubuntu instance in the cloud. The link below indicates that WinRM is required on the Windows servers - not the client.
So, would you still like me to try it?

ah, well then, probably not worth trying based in that :)  sorry I wasn't of any help.

Cheers,
Edward