[chef] Re: Re: Re: CentOS 5

  • From: James < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: CentOS 5
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:19:38 -0700

Craig,

The gpgkey field in the .repo file has been updated, but it is probably best for you to use the rpm install method:

rpm -Uvh http://rpm.aegisco.com/aegisco/rhel/aegisco-rhel.rpm

You will need ruby 1.8.7 and rubygems 1.6.2, at least, which are both available from rpm.aegisco.com. If you need a newer version of rubygems, you can compile from source. We'll post some new RPMs for rubygems soon as well.

James

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Craig White < "> > wrote:

On May 20, 2011, at 10:57 AM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Craig White < "> > wrote:
>> If I try to bootstrap a new VM w/ CentOS 5.6 and a barebones install, seems that the bootstrap doesn't have a method to download and install rpm-gpg key for the aegisco repository (and not entirely eager to shut off rpm-gpg checking)...
>
> What problem are you trying to solve, that you don't have the GPG key
> for the repository?
>
> Bryan
----
trying to bootstrap the initial packaging (ie ruby doesn't get installed - centos 5 has ruby 1.8.5 and it seems obvious why the aegisco repository has a much newer version. I would suppose that I could install ruby from centos packages first but that still doesn't solve the problem with the lack of an rpm-gpg key

Craig