[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CentOS 5

  • From: James < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CentOS 5
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:40:20 -0700

Does anyone object to Matt's changes being included in the RPMs?

Thanks a lot, Matt.

James

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Matt Whiteley < "> > wrote:
On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 2:19 PM, James < "> > wrote:
> Craig,
>
> The gpgkey field in the .repo file has been updated, but it is probably best
> for you to use the rpm install method:
>
> rpm -Uvh http://rpm.aegisco.com/aegisco/rhel/aegisco-rhel.rpm
>
> You will need ruby 1.8.7 and rubygems 1.6.2, at least, which are both
> available from rpm.aegisco.com. If you need a newer version of rubygems, you
> can compile from source. We'll post some new RPMs for rubygems soon as well.
>
> James

I'm using this method right now and I made a knife bootstrap template
to use the rpms instead of manually installed rubygems. The rpm
doesn't link the chef-client binary into /usr/bin/chef-client where
the init script looks for it, so I'm doing that manually. I also added
a profile.d snippet to add the rubygems bin directory to the default
path.

https://gist.github.com/983584

--
Matt Whiteley < "> >