[chef] apache, multiple vhosts with different ports

  • From: Moritz Krinke < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] apache, multiple vhosts with different ports
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 18:55:14 +0200

Hello,

i'm trying to have multiple apache vhosts, which use different ports on multiple servers - but not every vhost on every server.

I have a custom recipe for every "vhost" which i include in vhost-specific roles. (its the apache2 cookbook from opscode repo, modified the default recipe)

Now i need to specify which ports apache should listen on.
I could use override_attribute in the role file, but then other ports, e.g. the default port or ports from other roles get overridden.
I have tried setting the listen_ports in the recipe itself which results in a apache restart on every chef-client run.

I assume that this is not an uncommon problem, and i also assume that there is a clean way to solve it - i'm new to chef, so if anyone would have a clue i would be graceful! ;)

Thanks,

Moritz

  • [chef] apache, multiple vhosts with different ports, Moritz Krinke, 05/27/2011