[chef] Introduction + Question re: Error dropping nodes

  • From: chris burnett < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Introduction + Question re: Error dropping nodes
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:02:23 -0700

Greetings.

I am new to this list. My name is Chris.

I was hoping to see if anyone might be familiar with an error I am getting when trying to drop nodes. If anyone has seen this before or has suggestions on how to fix, I would greatly appreciate it.

Error below.

Thx,
Chris
Topspin Operations
-----------

The following occurs when trying to drop any node. Registration deletions work, but deleting a node fails. It is not a syntax issue with the use of spaces in the names either. Everything worked fine at some point. My hunch suggests it's a gem issue or a json issue.

Chef Version: 0.7.16-1

EOFError 500
end of file reached

../chef-server-slice/app/controllers/nodes.rb in `destroy'     136

131 begin
132 @node = Chef::Node.load(params[:id])
133 rescue Net::HTTPServerException => e
134 raise NotFound, "Cannot load node #{params[:id]}"
135 end
136 @node.destroy
137 if request.accept == 'application/json'
138 display @node
139 else
140 redirect(absolute_slice_url(:nodes), {:message => { :notice => "Node #{params[:id]} deleted successfully" }, :permanent => true})
141 end