[chef] Re: Re: Introduction + Question re: Error dropping nodes

  • From: chris burnett < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Introduction + Question re: Error dropping nodes
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:08:31 -0700

Daniel,

Thanks for your response. We have been using version 0.7.16-1 successfully for well over a year now, supporting dozens of servers. I am worried that an upgrade will interfere significantly with our environment.

I would really like to figure out a way to fix this error so we can delete nodes.

Thanks,
Chris Burnett

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Daniel DeLeo < "> > wrote:

On Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 2:02 PM, chris burnett wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I am new to this list. My name is Chris.
>
> I was hoping to see if anyone might be familiar with an error I am getting when trying to drop nodes. If anyone has seen this before or has suggestions on how to fix, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Error below.
>
> Thx,
> Chris
> Topspin Operations
> -----------
>
> The following occurs when trying to drop any node. Registration deletions work, but deleting a node fails. It is not a syntax issue with the use of spaces in the names either. Everything worked fine at some point. My hunch suggests it's a gem issue or a json issue.
>

> Chef Version: 0.7.16-1

Are you just starting with Chef? If so, I'd recommend moving on to 0.10 before you get too much invested in 0.7. I'm guessing you installed from apt? If so, take a look here: http://www.opscode.com/blog/2011/05/16/chef-0-10-debianubuntu-packages/

Currently we aren't planning to upstream Chef into distros anymore since we are releasing too fast for that to work well with the upstreams' update policies.

> EOFError 500
> end of file reached
>
> ../chef-server-slice/app/controllers/nodes.rb in `destroy' 136
>
> 131 begin
> 132 @node = Chef::Node.load(params[:id])
>  133 rescue Net::HTTPServerException => e
> 134 raise NotFound, "Cannot load node #{params[:id]}"
> 135 end
> 136 @node.destroy
> 137 if request.accept == 'application/json'
> 138 display @node
>  139 else
> 140 redirect(absolute_slice_url(:nodes), {:message => { :notice => "Node #{params[:id]} deleted successfully" }, :permanent => true})
> 141 end
Can you provide more server logs for this error?

Thanks,
Dan DeLeo