[chef] [ANN] Trac Cloud plugin - orchestration via pychef, boto

  • From: Rob Guttman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] [ANN] Trac Cloud plugin - orchestration via pychef, boto
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:11:54 -0400

If you use Trac you may be interested in a plugin I wrote that helps orchestrate chef nodes in AWS:

  http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CloudPlugin

The plugin can be viewed as a UI and coordination wrapper to pychef and boto (python-based AWS API).  I've been using it for four months now in production and it has enabled us to get to push-button deployments (including serial to clustered nodes behind a load balancer) amongst other management benefits.

I recognize there's been some chatter on chef-based orchestration so I look forward to seeing how these efforts can evolve together.

Cheers.
- Rob