[chef] Re: Re: Re: Running chef-client from another server and waiting for a result

  • From: andi abes < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Running chef-client from another server and waiting for a result
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:10:42 -0400

A simple way to do that is to use knife ssh:
knife ssh "name:<test-machine-name>" "chef-client"

This will basically ssh to the test machine, run chef-client and pipe  the results locally. when chef-client is done, this command will return.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Edward Sargisson < "> > wrote:
Hi Charles,
Thanks for the reply..

> What part of the process do you have questions about?
From serverA I want to tell serverB to run chef-client and tell
serverA when it's done.

The notification bit can probably be done in the report handler
(somehow) but how do I tell serverB to start chef-client?

Cheers,
Edard