[chef] Re: Modifying the file specificity search path

  • From: "Eric G. Wolfe" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Modifying the file specificity search path
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:12:14 -0400

Agreed, the way I've dealt with this is use a platform specific folder (centos|redhat) and have a -5 and -6 template available.  Then select the template "source" with a platform_version.to_i or a .split, as you chose.
Eric G. Wolfe
Senior Linux Administrator,
IT Infrastructure Systems
Marshall University Computing Services
Drinko Library 428-K
One John Marshall Dr.
Huntington, WV 25755
Phone: 304.696.3428
Email:

 ">

Coding is easy;  All you do is sit staring at a terminal until the drops
of blood form on your forehead.