[chef] Re: Re: New ruby 1.8.7 and rubygem-chef 0.10.2 rpms and dependencies

  • From: James < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: New ruby 1.8.7 and rubygem-chef 0.10.2 rpms and dependencies
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 11:25:30 -0700

Titov,

We use different build methods, but largely the same spec files, for all of the dependencies. Some of the versions of dependencies are different. The spec files for the rubygems are going to be different as well. Sergio uses gem2rpm whereas I use fpm.

These have so far only been tested on my own test systems, I would really appreciate other people testing them because I'll move them to the stable repo and start building out the rest of the Server dependencies, as well as builds for el6 and potentially FC.

James

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 4:50 AM, Titov Alexander < "> > wrote:
What is the difference between spec files for your ruby rpm and RBEL?
How long did you test this rpms for segfaults?

--
Titov Alexander