[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New ruby 1.8.7 and rubygem-chef 0.10.2 rpms and dependencies

  • From: James < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New ruby 1.8.7 and rubygem-chef 0.10.2 rpms and dependencies
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:45:46 -0700

Thanks very much for this, I don't know if I would have found it...

I have to say that I'm confounded; we need more information. I'm not able to reproduce these problems on the public CentOS AMI's I have used for testing, and I don't have CentOS systems in production. I believe the most important information we need is:

ruby version [ie, 1.8.7-352]
ruby install type [ie, package, source]
ruby source [ie, ruby,org, aegisco, rbel]
CentOS version [ie, 5.5, 5.6]
CentOS source [ie, AMI, iso, veewee]
Is prelink enabled? [1]
What resource bombed?
Does the error never occur on the first run, but does occur after the first, intermittently?

It would also be ideal to get traces for these segfaults.

James