[chef] Re: knife on windows

  • From: Maven User < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: knife on windows
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:18:14 -0400

Ok, made it by this - not sure if this was the right thing to do, but I pulled down the pem files from the master server and added it to my local .chef directory.

I'm a step further (I hit the tar problem that is listed on the windows/chef page http://wiki.opscode.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16089551), but now I'm having an issue when trying to install the chef-client cookbook:

knife cookbook site install chef-client

Installing chef-client to D:/buildtools/chef/cookbooks
Checking out the master branch.
Pristine copy branch (chef-vendor-chef-client) exists, switching to it.
Downloading chef-client from the cookbooks site at version 1.0.2 to D:/buildtools/chef/cookbooks/chef-client.tar.gz
Cookbook saved: D:/buildtools/chef/cookbooks/chef-client.tar.gz
Removing pre-existing version.
Uncompressing chef-client version D:/buildtools/chef/cookbooks.
removing downloaded tarball
1 files updated, committing changes
ERROR: Chef::Exceptions::ShellCommandFailed: Expected process to exit with [0], but received '1'
---- Begin output of git commit -m 'Import chef-client version 1.0.2' -- chef-client ----
STDOUT:
STDERR: error: pathspec 'version' did not match any file(s) known to git.
error: pathspec '1.0.2'' did not match any file(s) known to git.
---- End output of git commit -m 'Import chef-client version 1.0.2' -- chef-client ----
Ran git commit -m 'Import chef-client version 1.0.2' -- chef-client returned 1

I can't tell if there's something really wrong with the version string being passed in.  The error message has a two single quotes at the end of the version string:

error: pathspec '1.0.2'' did not match any file(s) known to git.
                             ^^^

Is there a configuration file broken/borked somewhere that I'm missing?