[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: knife on windows

  • From: Maven User < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: knife on windows
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:37:43 -0400

Thanks again for all the tips up until this point - the documentation for knife usage on windows is really confusing.

It just skips from running the client install/setup to running knife commands - nothing about the "knife configure -i" step.

I'm also not sure if this is expected behavior but the windows guide talks about C:\chef\.chef yet knife creates a lot of things in ~/.chef (in windows).

Do things need to be replicated between these two areas or did I make a mistake?