[chef] Managing Node Info

  • From: jorge espada < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Managing Node Info
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 16:22:14 -0300

Hi, what will be the right or better approach to store custom (non default) config attributes  per node ?
For instance, lets say that I have the tomcat or apache cookbook applied to 4 nodes, and all of them have different config files, should I write 4 different attributes files for that cookbook , also for each same cookbook applied to those nodes with different configs? Or is better to use data bags for custom configs on each nodes?

I know that   attribute is a per-node thing. and data bag is across nodes. but I'm not sure how to sort this situation.. or there is another thing that i'm missing

Thanks

Jorge E. Espada
Phone: +54 9 341 5692435