[chef] Re: HA and Chef server?

  • From: Tom Thomas < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: HA and Chef server?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 15:09:00 -0700

An earlier discussion on this topic turned into http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Scalability+and+High+Availability.

It clearly hasn't been fleshed out further, but it has links to the earlier discussions:
http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef/2011-07/msg00010.html
http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef/2011-08/msg00000.html

- Tom

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Geoff Meakin Acid < "> > wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody have experience of having more than 1 chef server running for HA purposes.

I am concerned if my Chef Server goes bang, it will be difficult to point all the existing chef nodes at a new server - and some node.save information might have been lost

Any thoughts / articles / howtos / greatly appreciated

Thanks