[chef] Re: Re: Re: Creating Amazon AMI's from Running Instances

  • From: Clif Smith < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Creating Amazon AMI's from Running Instances
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:00:10 -0600

My use case isn't traditional as most of my instances run for hours and then are destroyed as their work is completed.  I started building from scratch upon each instance but ran into 2 problems, time to productivity and sw install/updates causing systems to hang due to an Amazon networking issue.  While we're not likely to incur the networking issue again (let's hope), we decided we also didn't want to be beholden to the resiliancy of apt repositories.

--
cjs