[chef] Re: Re: cookbook idea: virt-tools , paravirtualization tools for guest systems

  • From: "Eric G. Wolfe" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: cookbook idea: virt-tools , paravirtualization tools for guest systems
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:56:37 -0500

The yumrepo cookbook has a vmware-tools recipe for RHEL/CentOS, which installs the yum version of VMware-Tools from http://packages.vmware.com. Link: https://github.com/atomic-penguin/cookbooks/blob/yumrepo/yumrepo/recipes/vmware-tools.rb

It even cleans up previous manual installations from the VMware-Tools tarball or RPM which ships with ESX.
Eric G. Wolfe
Senior Linux Administrator,
IT Infrastructure Systems
Marshall University Computing Services