[chef] Re: Re: Re: Omnibus Client installer open beta

  • From: Bryan McLellan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Omnibus Client installer open beta
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:01:23 -0500

Like Sascha hints, the install.sh is just a script that determines what distribution, version and arch you're on, then grabs the appropriate tarball (or deb or rpm) from S3.

I don't know about getting it working on RHEL 4. We have separate build servers for 5.x and 6.x because of system level differences. Ive never tried to get 4.x to work.

If something needs to be changed we could try to do so if it was clear what it was.

Bryan

On Dec 17, 2011 11:06 AM, "Burkholder, Peter" < "> > wrote:
Hi,
On Dec 16, 2011, at 8:32 PM, Sascha Bates wrote:

> I've used this on various version of Ubuntu and Red Hat (4 and 5) and I think it's awesome!  I truly appreciate the ease of use it brings to client installs.
>
> Sascha
So, how do I move forward getting this to our RedHat EL4 boxes (since I can't drop off the roof just yet).  I only see RHEL5/6 as supported.

Thanks,

Peter
--
Peter Burkholder | Sr. System Administrator (consultant)
AARP | Digital Strategy & Operations | 601 E Street NW | Washington, DC 20049