[chef] Chef for asset management

  • From: John Alberts < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Chef for asset management
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:55:31 -0600

I'm considering starting a project to use Chef as the basis for an asset management system.  All of my important and most up to date information information for my servers is already stored as node attributes in Chef.  The only thing missing is node entries for switches, SAN devices, VPN devices, etc.

I'm wondering what anyone thinks about this idea and if there might already be other projects started to do this?

Thanks
John