[chef] Re: Re: Re: apache rewrite rules for apache cookbook

  • From: Andrea Campi < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: apache rewrite rules for apache cookbook
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:28:32 +0100

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Bryan Berry < "> > wrote:
great ideas Andrea, btw Auguri, buon anno ;)

Same to you :)

> - what if you need several rules in a specific order? Should source, target and flags be within an array?

yeah they should be

I thought about this more and should fit w/in the data_bag for an
application like we see w/ the application cookbook, rather than just
for rewrite rules.

Makes sense.

file: data_bags/applications/my_esb.json
{
  "rewrite_rules": [
    . . .
]
}

This handles the case where rewrite rules for one application need to
be in order but not where the rewrite rules for one application need
to be process before another.

This strategy also doesn't tie the rules to a specific virtual host. I
need to put more thought into this.

Right. Well, from my POV both limitations are ok. I can't think of many cases where they would be a problem for me—if they are, I would probably need something custom anyway.