[chef] Couch database growing.. Can't compact

  • From: "Van Fossan,Randy" < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] Couch database growing.. Can't compact
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 01:11:17 -0500

I am trying to run a compact on the chef database and the instructions on the Wiki are not working..  It looks like  couchdb isn’t running at the advertised port.  However, netstat doesn’t show it either.

What am I missing?   Doesn’t chef-server utilize that port to communicate with the database?

I run this command..

# curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST http://localhost:5984/chef/_compact

I get ->   curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

Thanks

Randy