[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Cookbook Releases just for you

  • From: Sachin Sagar Rai < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Cookbook Releases just for you
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:52:32 +0545

@joshua,

As mentioned about the bluepill v1.0.0 as:
""" *bluepill v1.0.0*

This cookbook has been relatively stable and is "feature complete" so
it is graduated to a 1.0.0 release. """"

I think its still buggy with the chef-server cookbook installation via rubygems.

----------------------------------

I installed chef_server on ec2 ubuntu10.04 using rubygems n bluepill init style.

After installing the packages, bluepill blows up.
The following is the debugg-ed log.

https://gist.github.com/1847128

Google around and found one similar issue at bluepill's issue at GH.
https://github.com/arya/bluepill/issues/132

Are these both problem is the same one?

Why its failing?

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer
http://tfm.com.np
http://nepalonrails.tumblr.com
Sent with Sparrow

On Friday, February 17, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Ronan Amicel wrote:

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 02:28, Jason J. W. Williams < "> > wrote:
>> I think these automated notification emails would be much more useful
>> if they included some kind of changelog.
>>

> Besides the closed tickets they list for each cookbook?

Joshua's emails are fine.

I'm talking about the automated notifications, which are pretty content-free. Here is an example:

Hello Ronan Amicel,
A new version of the nginx cookbook has been uploaded to the Opscode community site.
You can find the new version at https://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/nginx.
Thanks,
The Opscode Team

--