- From: Joshua Timberman <
- Subject: [chef] Cookbook Releases just for you
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:14:10 -0700
I tried to get this all completed in time for Valentine's day, but as
you can see, there was a lot to do.
Total cookbooks released: 19.
Total tickets resolved: 47.
Average amount of love given to contributors: Immeasurable!
Thank you everyone who contributed to these releases. Andrea Campi,
Jamie Winsor, and Bryan Berry have put in a lot of hard work improving
some of our most popular cookbooks, apache2, mysql, nginx and java,
particularly. Thanks guys, you're awesome.
With these releases done, we're down to only 10 issues that have been
triaged and are awaiting a merge, and 7 issues that are resolved but
not triaged yet. This puts us in a pretty good place to start the
effort to move each of the cookbooks out of the monolithic cookbooks
repository into their own separate repository.
While we do send out these cookbook release announcements to the list
periodically, you can keep up with cookbook development on an
individual cookbook basis, as well. If you have an Opscode community
site user, you can follow specific cookbooks, and set up notification
settings. Simply click the big orange "Follow" button on a cookbook's
page, and go to your profile to edit when you get email notifications.
And now, the releases:
* [COOK-861] - Add `mod_perl` and apreq2
* [COOK-941] - fix `mod_auth_openid` on FreeBSD
* [COOK-1021] - add a commented-out LoadModule directive to keep apxs happy
* [COOK-1022] - consistency for icondir attribute
* [COOK-1023] - fix platform test for attributes
* [COOK-1024] - fix a2enmod script so it runs cleanly on !bash
* [COOK-1026] - fix `error_log` location on FreeBSD
*apt v1.3.0, v1.3.2*
* [COOK-1040] - actually run apt-get update w/ not_if
* [COOK-533] - add support for deb and `deb_src` repos with
* [COOK-593] - switched from apt-cacher to apt-cacher-ng to better
support multiple distributions.
* [COOK-890] - Fix distribution for zenoss repo in apt README
* [COOK-891] - Make add the default action for `apt_repository`
* [COOK-947] - Add chef-solo support for recipe[apt::cacher-client].
This cookbook has been relatively stable and is "feature complete" so
it is graduated to a 1.0.0 release.
* [COOK-943] - add init script for freebsd
* [COOK-909] - trigger upstart on correct event
* [COOK-795] - add windows support with winsw
* [COOK-798] - added recipe to run chef-client as a cron job
* [COOK-986] - don't delete the validation.pem if chef-server recipe
* [COOK-1042] - Corrected a syntax error in axfr.
* [COOK-740] - use correct directory for tinydns root data
* [COOK-663] - upgrade libgecode-dev package
* [COOK-778] - update ld.so.conf
oracle, make openjdk default, add `java_ark` LWRP.
* [COOK-520] - ArchLinux support
* [COOK-858] - numerous updates: handle jdk6 and 7, switch from sun to
* [COOK-942] - FreeBSD support
* [COOK-706] - Additional info in README
* [COOK-828] - Package for RHEL systems
* [COOK-920] - FreeBSD support
* [COOK-992] - fix FATAL nameerror
* [COOK-827] - `mysql:server_ec2` recipe can't mount `data_dir`
* [COOK-945] - FreeBSD support
* [COOK-818] - add "application/json" per RFC.
* [COOK-870] - bluepill init style support
* [COOK-981] - Add reload support to NGINX service
* [COOK-952] - freebsd support
* [COOK-949] - check for any virtual system not just vmware
* [COOK-993] Add mhash-devel to centos php source libs
* [COOK-989] - bump version of php to 5.3.10
* Also download the .tar.gz instead of .tar.bz2 as bzip2 may not be in
the base OS (e.g., CentOS 6 minimal)
* [COOK-988] - powershell never exits
* [COOK-922] - add `allow` to data bag
* Update the readme with data bag info
* [COOK-903] - freebsd support
* [COOK-904] - install version 0.8, requires Ubuntu 11.10
* [COOK-729] - `transmission_torrent_file` doesn't work for more than
a single torrent
* [COOK-732] - link to file in swarm not created if torrent already
* [COOK-939] - add `type` parameter to `windows_registry` to allow
binary registry keys.
* [COOK-940] - refactor logic so multiple values get created.
Joshua Timberman, Technical Program Manager
IRC, Skype, Twitter, Github: jtimberman
- [chef] Cookbook Releases just for you, Joshua Timberman, 02/16/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.