[chef] Multiple Chef Servers on Different Ports

  • From: mark bradley < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Multiple Chef Servers on Different Ports
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 11:58:36 -0500

Hi,

I have several git repos to manage changes to different environments (say DEV + PROD). Is it pretty straight-forward to run chef-server on different ports and have the DEV clients connect to the DEV port and PROD to the PROD port? Will I need to configure different rabbitmq queues and couchdb database for each one?

If any has pointers to docs (Google hasn't help here) or has experience doing this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mark