[chef] after_migrate deploy_revision hook

  • From: Sachin Sagar Rai < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] after_migrate deploy_revision hook
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:39:00 +0545

Hi fellas!

I'm having an issue while deploying a Rails 3.2 app when it comes to precompiling assets rake command.

If I put this in `before_migrate` block, it blows up coz the command `rake assets:precompile` requires the database.yml file populated and migration already done.

It won't be a problem if the deploy resource has after_migrate hook, which chef doesn't have right now.

So, how can I add such hook or is there any other hooks that I can use?

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer
http://tfm.com.np