[chef] Re: Re: after_migrate deploy_revision hook

  • From: Sachin Sagar Rai < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: after_migrate deploy_revision hook
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 01:24:33 +0545

Thanks!

Though, having the `after_migrate` hook would be great.

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer
http://tfm.com.np
http://nepalonrails.tumblr.com
Sent with Sparrow

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier wrote:

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Sachin Sagar Rai < "> > wrote:

Hi fellas!

I'm having an issue while deploying a Rails 3.2 app when it comes to
precompiling assets rake command.

If I put this in `before_migrate` block, it blows up coz the command `rake
assets:precompile` requires the database.yml file populated and migration
already done.

It won't be a problem if the deploy resource has after_migrate hook, which
chef doesn't have right now.

So, how can I add such hook or is there any other hooks that I can use?

You could use the 'before_symlink' one, which is used after the migration.
But I also was missing an 'after_migrate' hook...

Cheers

--
Juanje