[chef] Incompatible marshal file format on random nodes

  • From: Mark Rechler < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Incompatible marshal file format on random nodes
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:13:19 -0400

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the following error before and what could be causing it:
ERROR: template[/etc/openldap/ldap.conf] (/srv/chef/cache/cookbooks/openldap/recipes/client.rb:54:in `from_file') had an er
ror: incompatible marshal file format (can't be read)

This is only occurring on two nodes at the moment. I have checked the node data to look for corruption, weird characters, etc, but nothing stands out. Other nodes with the same roles/recipes work fine. This is on Chef 0.9.18/Centos 5.8. Any info people have is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark