[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Why does knife sometime decide to bomb out?

  • From: Peter Norton < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Why does knife sometime decide to bomb out?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:16:36 -0400

I'm not sure that hits the use case I was talking about, though.  It looks like knife's bootstrap.rb will disable host key checking if passed --no-host-key-verify, but I think that's appropriate for a config option in knife.rb - possibly for both bootstrap and ssh commands, though possibly allowing for separate config options.  Currently this seems like it can only be set at the command line.

-Peter

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Andrea Campi < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Peter Norton < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
> How is that disabled?  I find that especially when dealing with ec2
> instances this is a huge nuisance.  Disabling strict host key checking in

man ssh_config will give you what you need.

TL;DR, try something like:

$ echo >> ~/.ssh/config
Host *.compute.amazonaws.com
   StrictHostKeyChecking no