[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Knife search note returning a node

  • From: Tim Smith < >
  • To: " " < >, " " < >
  • Cc: Matt Ray < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Knife search note returning a node
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 02:56:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I was just about to reply with the same issue.  I can't disable this plugin.  It contains data I would like to use in my environment for decision making.  That being said it also contains an enormous amount of data that 99.99% of people would never care about and really should be broken up so it can be disabled.

Tim Smith

Operations Engineer

M: +1 707.738.8132

TW: @tas50

webtrends

Real-Time Relevance. Remarkable ROI.™

London | Portland | San Francisco | Melbourne | Tokyo

The Windows plugin that reports drivers is the windows::kernel plugin and actually can return a smidgen of useful information along with the flood of useless data.

I said I'd break this up into separate plugins to make it easier to disable just parts, and I actually have written the code but I haven't entirely tested it yet.  I am cowering under a terrifying deadline for something else, but I will make the Windows plugin a priority as soon as I'm done this week.

Sascha