[chef] Everything starts except chef-server, no log output..

  • From: Jeff MacDonald < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Everything starts except chef-server, no log output..
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:53:46 -0300

Hi,

My environment is Centos 6 64bit.

When I get to the chef-solo stage, installs just fine however when i try to start /etc/init.d/chef-server it says "OK" however a ps aux|grep server shows nothing.

Likewise /var/log/chef/server.log is empty.

I edited server.rb and increased the logging level to fatal , still nothing.

I've put an strace here : http://www.bignose.ca/strace/debug and I've also deleted stale /var/run/chef files but to no avail also.

Any tips would be appreciated, I'm getting anxious to get my learn on.

Jeff.