[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Announcing Berkshelf - Manage your Cookbooks like your gems

  • From: Jamie Winsor < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Announcing Berkshelf - Manage your Cookbooks like your gems
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:25:36 -0700

Hey Torben,

We're very aware of the difficulties while installing Berkshelf on Windows. It is because of the Gecode requirement and it is not as easily solved as using the gecoder-with-gecode gem.

While Gecode does work on Windows, none of the Ruby gecode gems are still kept up-to-date except for DepSelector. Like Chef, we are using DepSelector, but it unfortunately does not work on Windows.

--
Jamie Winsor
@resetexistence